Home Additions are a fantastic way to expand your current home. Whether you need more space on the first floor or are looking to expand upwards, Copper Sky specializes in improving your current home with an elegant addition.
Are you looking to expand your home? Perhaps you need more space for a growing family, or to accommodate a hobby or activity. Home additions are an excellent way to expand your current home without sacrificing the structural integrity or historical details your home may possess.
There are a multitude of ways one can add space to their current home. Room additions typically consist of building out or building up. Often times first floor additions are chosen to accommodate additional living or dining room space, kitchens or bedrooms, which can increase the footprint of your home with little to no disruption. Second story additions are also considered to incorporate additional bedrooms or attic space. Take a look at the types of home additions to decide what is right for you:
First Floor Additions
The most popular type of first-floor addition is a rear addition, which is often used to create a larger master suite, kitchen, and/or living space expansion. A first-floor addition is often the least disruptive, as you are not supporting a new space over the existing structural framing.
Second Floor Additions
If your property is considered a good fit for a second story addition, you can expand your one story home into a two story home, allowing for additional bedroom or even attic space. It is also possible to add additional living space over a garage, porch, or sunroom. Second story additions allow you to build up, without sacrificing yard space.
Sun Room Additions
Adding a sunroom or a screen room style porch, is a great addition to any home. Typically attached to the house and accessible from indoors, a sunroom is designed to function as an additional living area in mild climates.
Basements not only have the ability to add extra storage, but can be used for a multitude of uses, including a workshop, or an entirely separate living space. Basements are also a great way to add space without sacrificing the square footage of your yard.
Depending upon the structural integrity of your property, room additions can be built on the ground level, the second floor, or even constructed as a detached addition. Each option has it’s own benefits and drawbacks depending on the size of your existing home and desired features.
For additional resources, we invite you to take a look at our home addition portfolio and explore the masterfully crafted additions that we have executed for our clients. We trust you will find that with meticulous planning, thoughtful layouts and designs, and an uncompromising attention to detail.
The cost for an upscale master suite addition includes a 32 x 20 foot master bedroom suite over the crawlspace with:
- A spacious sleeping area with lounging/sitting area adjacent to large master bath.
- Custom bookcases and built-in storage with millwork detail
- High-end gas fireplace with stone hearth and custom mantle
- Walk-in closet/dressing area with natural light, mirrors, and linen storage
- French doors
- Bathroom with a custom lighting, a walk-in shower with 2019 dual-shower system, stone walls and floor, and custom frameless glass enclosure
- Freestanding soaker tub
- Two sinks in separate custom vanities with stone countertops and large mirrors
- Partitioned area for luxury one-piece toilet
- Outside the bath, add 5 foot hospitality center with bar sink, undercounter refrigerator, custom cabinetry, stone countertop, and microwave. Includes soundproofing, in-floor heating, custom wall finishes and hardware, general and spot lighting, and high-end lighting controls.
Job Cost: $268,713 Resale Value: $147,742 Cost Recouped: 55.0%